Saturday 21 May 2011

Saturday 21st May 2011

Ah, the weekend.  Bliss.  And what makes it better is that I have a whole week off work - sweet relief.
Anyway, I am sitting here on a Saturday night, while the rest of the world goes clubbing or something - listening to music and sipping Bordeaux.
A good day out was had with my good friend, Miss Underscore.  We took off to Newcastle (after I had had my trotters painted by the lovely Olivia) and took in some fine dining at Nando's - olives as always were EPIC! The lascivious Paolo was there - he's just a bit too touchy feely, I think.
I am now listening to punk and new wave classics on Radio Newcastle - classic.  Miss Underscore was trying (unsuccessfully, I might add) to get me to but a Roberts Revival radio today.  I resisted.  Although I do favour the 'cassis' colour - very nice.  (Ah, a classic has just come on - 'Public Image' by PIL - great tune....).
So, tomorrow, the Race for Life with Claire and a bunch of nondescripts.  I can't wait to get back and just doss around, to be honest.
Work this week was utter toss.  We had a visit from the head honchos to provide us with an 'update' on the restructure.  This resulted in much chin-stroking, navel-gazing and arse-licking.  None of those by me, I might add.  I was just feeling unwell from the stench of obsequiousness.  My god, my cohorts certainly know how to fawn.
Hmm, wonder if that is the first time that a blogger has used the word 'obsequiousness' ?
And furthermore....the best thing about being single and having no-one to make an effort for - eating chunks of garlic at Nando's and mackerel fillets from M & S....result!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment