Monday 12 November 2012

Lifeguard sleeping, girl drowning **

No real reason for the title of this entry.  I just rather liked it. Sums up the general incompetence of people in life, I think.
Life has been good since leaving the hell hole that was the ***.  I have finished all assignments for my qualification.  This will, hopefully, see me completely change career and do something that I want for a change.

Health issues haven't been terribly good recently, and it seems likely that I will need to start taking medication which I will 'self-inject' on a daily basis.  I think that, when this happens, I should perhaps wave goodbye to my love affair with wine of all varieties.  Sad, but true.

I have had such a wrangle with myself lately, in terms of not feeling as though I have any real direction or purpose, in a work sense.  My personal life is fantastic, couldn't be better.  But my professional life is at a grinding halt at the moment.  I am doing some voluntary work, to gain experience in the career that I want to have for the rest of my working life.  This is good, and makes me feel that I have done completely the right thing.  I am filled with regret that I delayed this, and did not do it sooner.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.  What is sad is that it often comes too late.

Anyway, in other news, my dad's sixty-odd year old mechanic friend continues to talk to me about his lack of a sex life.  I assume that this is because he wants to come across as some trendy bloke that wants to recapture his youth.  However, this will not happen whilst he openly admits to me that he 'masturbates, but nothing comes out'.  I suggested that he go to the doctor about this, or stop participating in this past-time.  I quite simply shudder at the thought of him 'whacking away' of an evening.  Having said that, he does service my car for free, so I guess that a bit of 'way too much information' chit-chat has to be endured.  Does this make me a bad person?

I have given up on Facebook and Twitter after years of checking on the status updates of people with whom I have little in common.  I was becoming a bit obsessed with checking Facebook daily, only to find that the people that I have as 'friends' are not really so.  What do I actually have in common with most of them?  Some I have not spoken to since school, and even then, they didn't actually speak to me.  Why, suddenly, when we reach mid-life, do these people think that you have any similarities?  Quite bizarre.  I feel much better for freeing myself from the daily checking of updates and tweets.  To be honest, I still don't really understand how Twitter works.  I thought that I had deactivated my account, and on Saturday, received an email to advise that an 'ex' of mine was following me on Twitter.  I found this incredible, as I was on there under an 'alias' with no picture.  So, I hastily deactivated my account.  I think that, as I get older, I don't want people to know much about me.  I would rather be anonymous.  Ah, but what of my blog?  Well, this is about as anonymous as one can get online, I think.

** Morrissey album track, taken from 'Vauxhall & I' (1994)

No comments:

Post a Comment