Saturday 10 December 2011

Will December be magic (again)?

It is 2 weeks until Christmas.  I am jobless in 3 weeks. I was cleaning a cupboard last night and found some old childhood books.  Got extremely nostalgic, then extremely upset (possibly rioja-induced, I am unsure) I have applied for a few roles, none of which have come to anything yet.  I was interviewed for a role last week, one for which I am clearly over-qualified.  I read with interest on the Reed website this morning that this job has just been advertised with them.  So, by careful deduction, I assume that I have not been successful.  Not the end of the world, the travel there and back would have been a killer (40+ miles each day).

My colleagues continue to make me wonder why abortion was not made compulsory after 1981.  They truly are cunts.  No, like...seriously.  One of them feels that it is her life's work to email as many of her friends as possible, whilst surfing the Argos website for cheap tat for her grubby little kids.  The other is just fucking lucky to be there.  I shall walk away on 30th December with no regret, just sweet relief that I don't have to spend another day there listening to and smelling terminal bullshit.

The most wonderful time of the year?  Err, let me be the judge of that, eh?  I really dislike Christmas, all of that forced, make-believe frivolity.  It will be my combined Christmas and leaving 'do' next Friday.  I feel sure that I shall be irritated by the general 'falseness' of it all.  I aim to just have my meal (paid for by the bastarding company - think I may possibly choke on every mouthful - bastards) and then leave.  Do you know, reader, they haven't even sent out my letter regarding my severance, leave date - nitto, nada....fucking nowt.  I fully expect to have the mother of all fights on my hands in order to:
a) get the money
b) get the right amount of money
c) get it before the end of January - a mighty month after I will have 'left the building' (a la Elvis)

It's a good job there are no breweries around requiring 'a good drink', as these twats wouldn't know where the hell to start.

But, I am trying to look forward to Christmas as best I can.  I have no decorations, no tree, no cards.  But, on a positive note, I have all of my presents bought (although not yet wrapped).  I am filling my evenings watching old Brat-Pack films, eating mince pies and slurping red wine.

Merry Christmas, everyone xx

No comments:

Post a Comment